Adopted by the Legislative Chamber on April 16, 2019
Approved by the Senate on May 3, 2019
The purpose of this Law is to regulate relations in the renewable energy sector.
Legislation on the use of renewable energy sources shall consist of this Law and other legislative acts.
Where an international treaty of the Republic of Uzbekistan establishes other rules than those contained in the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the use of renewable energy sources, the rules of the international treaty shall be applied.
The following basic concepts are applied in this Law:
- independently functioning electrical, heat and/or gas network for transportation (transmission) and/or distribution of electrical, thermal energy or biogas;
- dam - free hydroelectric power plants with an installed capacity of up to 0.2 MW and 30 MW, respectively, using the energy of the natural flow of water for the production of electricity;
- energy of the sun, wind, earth heat (geothermal), natural flow of water, biomass, which are naturally restored in the environment;
- activities related to research, development, survey, implementation, design, construction, installation and maintenance works, as well as the production of energy from renewable energy sources, its transportation, accumulation, sale and consumption;
- legal entities or individuals engaged in energy production from renewable energy sources;
- a set of technological equipment, technological and/or component equipment for the production, acceptance, conversion, accumulation and/or transmission, as well as meters for the energy produced from renewable energy sources;
- legal entities specializing in the production of renewable energy equipment.
The main directions of the state policy in the field of the use of renewable energy sources are as follows:
identification of priority areas and implementation of measures in the renewable energy sector;
elaboration and implementation of state and other programs in the renewable energy sector;
strengthening the country's energy security, diversification of the fuel and energy balance in terms of the production of electricity, heat and biogas using renewable energy sources;
promotion of innovative technologies, scientific and technical developments in the field of renewable energy, energy efficiency , expansion and localization of production of renewable energy equipments;
Click the button below to download the full text of the document.